This breakfast bowl is the shittt. And my favorite part- if you partake in meal prep during the week- this breakfast will literally take you 3 minutes to make. Meal Prep Tip: Batch cook grains and starches in the beginning of the week – So once you have your precooked sweet potatoes all you have to do is build the bowl.
A little note about sweet potatoes: these tots are super rich in vitamin A and C and are also a great source of fiber and potassium. They are also very filling and help regulate blood sugar- which is why I think they make the most perfect breakfast starch. You won’t feel that sugar sugar spike & crash like you may in other grains & starchy foods.
Check out the recipe below – I told y’all – it only takes 5 minutes to make TOPS.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp granola
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coconut
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat up pre-cooked sweet potato with milk in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute.
- Top with granola, and fresh fruit
- Sprinkle chia seeds on it.
- Batch cook your sweet potatoes ahead of time for a convenient breakfast.