First day of Fall! I know it’s still 85 degrees but there is nothing better then the feeling that Autumn is here. With Fall, comes football. Okayyyy so I honestly am not a huge football fan. But you know what I am a fan of? Beer and food. Make that tequila and wine too. Yes- back in college I used to bring my mini four pack of champagne with me to tailgates. Super cool, right? Something about sports always makes me drink way too much. Maybe it’s the lack of understanding the sports and overcoming that awkwardness, maybe it’s just because i’m surrounded by other drunk screaming fans- regardless- it’s fun. But – first comes drinking then comes pizza and wings…and a burrito and more pizza? Sort of exaggerating but you know what a long day of day-drinking can do to ya.
So these little babes are a fun spin on guacamole for a game day app. For some reason, I love guac when ordering Mexican food, but it always seems a bit gnarly when it a big shared bowl. Plus, with guacamole comes way too many chips. And don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of chips and guac- just not after drinking all day.
These stuffed avocados are the perfect snack for everyone. Men won’t complain that they’re too healthy because they are so delish and your annoying vegan friend will be happy too. KIDDING! Love you vegans, but also love you meat eaters. The best part- they are SO high in protein and healthy fats that you will be satisfied. Like, actually satisfied. Quinoa, a complete protein is also a carbohydrate – this is literally the most balanced meal/snack.
Let’s get snacking.
- 4 ripe avocados, halved
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I buy it frozen and defrost it- such a time savor)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp sliced raw almonds
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lime
- salt + pepper to taste
- In a bowl toss cooked quinoa, chopped peppers, almonds, corn and cilantro together.
- Add in lime juice and zest (always zest foe extra flavor!) and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Halve your avocados and stuff them with quinoa salad.
- Drizzle tahini on stuffed avocados
- Tailgating and drinking all day? Make double the amount of quinoa salad so you can have it for left over lunch the following day!