If you are already starting to make changes to clean up your diet and work out- you may want to consider reading this post.
I started caring about my makeup and skin care routine after reading somewhere that our skin is the largest organ in our body and it is like a sponge- soaking up everything that we put on it. So, I am used to eating very well but I never considered my beauty routine. I spent a lot of money on beauty products so I assumed they were high quality. Sure–they were. But, they still contained harmful chemicals that can cause skin irritation, allergies and possibly cancer. The EWG has a great database available where you can check if your beauty or make up products contain any harmful chemicals.
Below are some of my favorite organic products:
- Frank and Whiteman Body Scrub ~ This brand is cruelty free, all natural and 5% of the proceeds go help pups in need. I am obsessed with the body scrub.
- Herbivore Botanicals Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist ~ This is perfect to throw into your beach or gym bag! It gives your face the perfect shine.
- Kjar Weis Organic Mascara ~ I do not wear a lot of make up in the day time but LOVE this mascara. It’s long lasting and 99.8% organic!
- Tata Harper Rebuilding Moisturizer ~ This one is a little expensive but worth every penny. It’s long lasting, so smooth and so light! Add this to your beauty care collection- you will be very pleased.
- One Love Organics Dry Shampoo ~I love this powdered dry shampoo because it’s not coming out of an aerosol bottle. It’s literally the best dry shampoo ever!