Let’s get personal for a minute. I normally write about recipes and health tips- but today – I want to chat about stress and anxiety. A healthy state of mind is JUST as important as what you eat- if not more.
I am an anxious person. High strung, over thinker. It’s really frustrating because I live my life caring a million percent about wellness and then I just feel trapped sometimes. Luckily, since I have done a lot of research, self reflection and a shit ton of trial and error- I have found my zen. So if you’re an anxious stressed person, hang in there. My best tip is to know that each and every one of us is different, we all react to things different.
Be patient and be kind to yourself. Take the time to get to know yourself.
Below are some practices that have been super helpful for me. Although some of this stuff has been backed up with science, I am not a physiologist, just a blogger, trying to share my tips with you.
- Sleep. Make sure you are getting enough sleep every night. Turn off your phone, your TV and just relax. This may take practice.
- Take some time for yourself. I love to socialize and I need my friends and family but more importantly I need me! I take a lot of time to write or to read or even just to be. Alone time is needed.
- Yoga. Stretch or just do something that involves practice. Yoga personally helps my mind stay calm- but other daily practices may help.
- CARDIO. 100% this has helped me so so much with stress.
- Meditation. If you told me about meditation two years ago I would have laughed and then probably felt awkwardly nervous about it. The next time you are alone- youtube a meditation- give it at least 5 chances.
Be kind to yourself. I said that before, but really- go easy on yourself, it makes life so much better.