A “superfood” in my opinion is a label and a way to increase sales on say goji berries or acai powder.
BUT if I had to pick a superfood not for sales purposes I would name the good old lemon my “superfood”.
This tangy and juicy fruit that tends to garnish our water & decorate our dining room table (it’s a feng shui thing) happens to have a billion and one health benefits. And the least I can do is give you five 🙂 🙂 🙂
1. Lemons aid in digestion: Including both indigestion & constipation. Hello warm water & lemon in the morning!
2. Promotes healthy skin: Lemon juice can be used topically to help sunburns and helps fade scars. When ingested, lemons can help with a variety of skin problems including acne, eczema and wrinkles thanks to their antioxidant & antiseptic properties.
3. Lowers blood pressure: Lemons help lower blood pressure due to their potassium content. Pair that with a big mug of tea and you will feel extraaaa relaxed 🙂
4. Balance’s our pH: Lemons, although tart are actually a great alkaline food helping naturally balance our bodies pH. Why does this matter? Because disease states tend to happen when our body is pH is acidic.
5. Aids in weight loss: Lemons are rich in pectin fiber, which helps keep us fuller longer, and also helps us digest food. Start your day off with some lemon water or tea an set a goal to eat well all day. I swear starting your day in a positive healthy way always makes me make healthier and happier choices.
Happy drinking ♥